Wednesday, December 4, 2013

snowflake cookies

These are a favorite cookie of mine each year at Christmas.  They are fun in a cookie assortment and add a little sparkle to a cookie tray.


I use lollie's roll out sugar cookie but any cut out sugar cookie recipe would work.  Once the cookies are baked and cooled I frost them with a dab of confectioners sugar icing and while the icing is wet sprinkle them with edible glitter and let them sit until the icing has set.


Here are my cooled cookies on parchment in case some of the icing drips off the cookie.  I use a confectioners sugar icing and I put it in a squeeze bottle for frosting.  Make sure the icing is thin enough to squeeze out of the bottle and thick enough to stay on the cookie.  I used about a cup of confectioners sugar a tsp or so of corn syrup, a few drops of vanilla and maybe a Tbsp of milk.  I mixed it in a bowl and then put it in the bottle.  I have a fairly large opening cut on the tip of the bottle top.  After the first couple of cookies i decided that my icing was too thin so I added a little more confectioners sugar to the bottle and stirred it with the handle of a wooden spoon.

cookies cooling on the rack

This year I tried frosting a few with a six legged cross

icing


and glitter

but decided I liked the look of my old  way better.

a dab in the center

spread to the edges with an offset spatula

and sprinkled with glitter.

The edible glitter that I use is made by Wilton and I have found it with their other decorating supplies.  It comes in a little plastic jar and some jars have a shaker type top.


finished tray of cookies waiting to dry


 

No comments:

Post a Comment