Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Harley's favorite dog biscuits

Harley was a black lab who belonged to Jay and Patty and Patty used to bake these dog biscuits for him.  This was the first recipe that I had for dog treats and my dogs, Sadie and Codie love them as well.  The have bullion in them which allows for either a beef flavored treat or a chicken flavored treat.  They also have optional grated cheese in them which further enlarges the range of flavors.  I have made both the beef and the chicken and made both flavors with and without the cheese and my dogs like them all.  They are a rolled out treat, cut with a cookie cutter.  I have a fairly large dog bone shaped cutter which I use but I have also used a smaller heart or round cutter.  I have also used a pizza cutter to cut them into small squares for training nuggets.

Harley's favorite dog biscuits


Combine and let stand for 10 minutes:
1 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup butter
1 cup boiling water

Then add:
3/4 cup corn meal or tapioca flour
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp bullion granules
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
1 egg, beaten
3 cups whole wheat flour

Roll out fairly thickly and cut into shapes.  Bake at 325° for 35-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment