Saturday, December 28, 2013

chex mix

We make chex mix every Christmas.  Perhaps I am stuck in a rut but I always make the original.  I buy the cereal and the mixed nuts but often forget to get the pretzels and other add ins.  So ours is just cereal and nuts most years.  This year I used a can of mixed nuts and a bag of Spanish peanuts as that is what I had on hand and I usually make a double batch.

Chex mix

6 cups corn chex
6 cups rice chex
6 cups wheat chex
1 container mixed nuts
1 bag Spanish peanuts
12 tbsp butter (1 1/2 sticks)
4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp seasoned salt
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder

Combine the cereal and nuts in a large bowl.  Melt the butter and add the seasonings.  Pour over the cereal and mix well.  Pour the cereal mixture into a roasting pan and bake at 250° for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.  Pour onto paper towels to cool.

cooling  chex mix
 

No comments:

Post a Comment